Sunday, March 19, 2017

Ready to go!


,

We were commissioned at FUMC Birmingham this morning and were blessed by the congregation.  There will be 14 team members heading to Cuba on Friday.  We had one of those Holy Spirit moments this morning.  As leader, I usually have team crosses to give to all the members but I had not purchased any yet and thought maybe I was meant to buy them in Cuba.  This morning when Corey and Basil Bloss walked in to the narthex, Corey took a wooden cross out of her bag and put it around my neck.  A friend of the Bloss's had made 30 crosses using wood from the Bloss farm.  The cross could not be more perfect!


4 comments:

  1. This is Jaye's son. I'm wishing you all the best on your trip and I'm excited to see what happens and what you come away with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to be going along on your journey via blog. Blessings on your helping hands and caring hearts. May you develop many heart connections with the people of Cuba and enjoy manageable adventures. Safe travels. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!! Looking forward to experiencing your trip remotely!!

    Buen viaje!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaye's son: I Love your Mother!
    The 'other' Jay

    ReplyDelete